Thank you for deciding to help the WankzVR Folding @ Home team! This is your resource for some of the details on getting setup and helping researchers fight COVID-19 among other worldwide health issues.
-->> The Official WankzVR Team Number is 260561 <<--
The official Folding @ Home website is at https://foldingathome.org/
We have a great blog article about this on the WankzVR Blog
How does it work?
The Folding@home software runs while you do other things. The app uses part of your computer's CPU power to help researchers process data. The amount of data researches need to process is staggering and by sharing the load it is processed much faster. While you keep going with your everyday activities, your computer will be working to help us find cures for diseases like cancer, ALS, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, Influenza and many others.
For the nitty-gritty details on how FAH works check out their blog https://foldingathome.org/category/how-fah-works/
- Download the software, you can find it at https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/
- Install the program as you would any other. If you're on a Mac you'll need to expand the file and then run the .pkg to get the installer to run
- When you have completed the installation you'll see the Web Control screen in your browser. You can get back to it at https://client.foldingathome.org/ anytime.
- Change your Identity
- For Name use your forum nickname so we know it's you!
- Change the team number to the WankzVR Team # 260561
- Hit save
- Select the disease you're supporting or leave it at "Any Disease" and let the F@H people decide what gets worked on.
- Select how much CPU power you want to allocate using the slider
- Choose when you want it to work. If you choose "While I'm working" your system may slow a bit.
- For your everyday computer that you're using, choose "Only when idle"
- For a spare computer that you're dedicating to the cause - choose "While I'm working"
Remember that nothing happens to the Folding system when you close your browser, it'll keep working unless you turn it off.
For additional support, Folding @ Home has a forum at https://foldingforum.org/
Thank you for doing your part with us !